Tuesday, July 30, 2013
If you are looking for something to do tomorrow, there is a Jackson's Mill history exhibit at Shinnston's city park, from 10-4.
This event is free of charge, and that includes dipping a candle and making a friendship bracelet rope.
The Campbell clan went there today, and you can see pictures by clicking here.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
I'll play Captain Obvious and point out that, yes, the days and months are flying by and summer will soon be over.
In light of that, I thought you would like to know that both the Calendar and the Classes pages have been updated on this blog. (See the tabs at the top of the blog site).
Please view the class schedule for the new year and pray about where you'd like to help out, since we are a homeschool co-op.
The new calendar is up for the entire school year, which will help those of us teaching to see the number of classes that we'll have both semesters, weather depending, of course.
Registration for THESIS is the next upcoming event. Since we have grown by leaps and bounds, it is important not to miss this date. Class attendance is capped at 25 students per group, and we register on a first come, first served basis for new members.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact us. Questions about this post, or other blog issues should be directed to Selena Campbell.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Our used curriculum sale is coming up soon, so I am posting some guidelines and info, which will hopefully answer the questions that everyone has.
The sale is THURSDAY, JULY 25th
from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Please note: Childcare will not be provided during this sale.
If you are selling things at our sale:
- Please plan to stay for the entire sale. Unless you sell out of everything, do not leave before the end time (because if you get tired and leave early, someone else may...and then a domino effect can occur.)
- There is no fee to sell.
- Please be at Trinity by 8:30, to setup your table. We will enter at the fellowship hall doors. Please contact me, if you need directions.
- Sale items will be displayed on the round banquet tables (which seat 10), so please (if you have not already done so) let me know how many tables you will need.
- Sellers are in charge of setting up and taking down their sale items, and managing their tables during the sale. Please do not leave the building during the sale hours.
- Sellers are in charge of deciding how to price their items (whether to label or just take offers, cash-only, etc--it is up to you).
- Please display only curriculum and associated items for sale. (No garage-sale type things (clothes, toys, etc).)
- Please clean up your table(s) and take everything with you that does not sell, even if you don't care if it is thrown away. (There is a Goodwill close by.)
If you are shopping at the sale:
- Be sure to bring cash, in case a seller doesn't accept checks.
- The sale will start promptly at 9:00 am, and end at 12:00 pm. Please plan accordingly.
- If you haven't planned your school year, pray for wisdom so you don't buy something you don't need! (Not that I have any experience with that...)
If you have any questions, or you can think of anything I didn't cover, please let me know!
Monday, July 8, 2013
Just a reminder that there is an herbal workshop scheduled for Friday, August 9th, at 10am, with Barbara Barker.
Please submit your questions and requests, along with your reservation, to Liz DeRoos (please note Liz is out of town August 1 - 7).
Barbara works with dozens of herbs both culinary and medicinal. She can demonstrate and go over the differences between teas, tinctures, capsules and glycerites, herbal dosages,and herbal preparations.
Information will include her own family's experiences, plus favorite websites and favorite books.
Friday, July 5, 2013
Just a couple notes about upcoming events:
The Basic Blogging workshop for tomorrow (Sat, 7/6) is canceled. Selena Campbell's mom broke her hip and had a replacement, so she's busy helping her mom out with the house and other things. It may be rescheduled in August. Time will tell...
The Used Curriculum Sale is still on for Thursday, July 25th. The fellowship hall doors at Trinity will be opened at 8:30 for everyone to bring in their goods for setup.
So far, I have four people signed up to sell items. If you are interested in selling, there is no fee. I just need to know how many tables you have so we have enough for everyone. Please send me an email, or comment on this post, if you plan to sell. Just tell me your name, phone number, and how many tables you will need. (The round tables that typically seat eight are the ones we will use).
Our sale is opened to anyone, so if someone outside of THESIS would like to sell, just have them contact me (Selena Campbell).
Hope everyone is enjoying this amazing weather!