Dear T.H.E.S.I.S. member,
I am teaching a career class to the high schoolers for the second semester and I need you! Why? I need a variety of careers represented to help the students research options for their future.
What do I need you to do? Come to class for ten or fifteen minutes, share about your career.
- How long did it take you to earn your degree?
- What kind of training did your job require?
- How many hours a week do you/did you work?
- Is the job family friendly?
- What do you love about your career?
- What do you dislike?
Allow the students to ask a few questions and then you are finished!
Don’t be shy -- ten minutes of sharing could help a student find the right career path, be it homemaker, photographer, beef farmer, accountant, nurse, paramedic, scientist, computer scientist, military, etc....
- Class dates: January 4, 11, 18
- February 1, 8, 15
- March 1, 15, 22
- April 5, 12, 19, 26
*Note: Even if you are not currently employed in your career choice, please come speak!